Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hari 7 - Sibuk, sibuk, sibuk! Day 7 - Busy, Busy, Busy

Today university was in full swing.  It was great to finally begin, but also a little stressful having to work to a schedule for our holidays.  I managed to schedule my first one on one tutorial.  I practised the sound system of Indonesian.  Especially the "ng" and "an" sounds, as these are causing me some troubles.  These sounds are in words such as "ingin" (want) and "dengan"(with).

We were also given "perkajan rumah" (homework) to complete.  This task required us to go out into Yogya and interview 4 people.  The first person I interviewed was my "padamping" Teguh.

In the afternoon I met up with Teguh, for coffee and dinner.  We went to a hall that had many "rumah makanan" (food shops).  I took some photos of the menus and the food shops, as these would be great for school.  Teguh and I had many conversations about contemporary issues and culture in Indonesia and Australia.  

Rumah makanan

Rumah makanan




Coffee choices

1 comment:

  1. Terima kasih atas kopi dan makan malamnya, Pak Nathan. Saya sangat senang bisa berkenalan dengan anda. Anda sangat ramah dan terbuka (open-minded).
    Semoga saya bisa membantu anda di Yogyakarta dengan lebih baik.

    ReplyDelete