Sunday, January 8, 2012

Saya Sakit di Indonesia - I am sick in Indonesia

Over the past week I have had a cold.  This has given me a chance to find out about Indonesian medicines.  I found a range of medicines in the local buka 24 Jam Toko (24 hour shop).  These range from herbal ones such as "tolakakangin" to Panadol.  I have taken photos of these.  You may notice in the panadol photo, that it contains caffeine.  After a number of days I was still not getting any better, so I decided to visit the doctor.  This was similar to visiting a doctor in Australia.  However, the prescription medicine is not contained in a box or plastic bottle, but a sealed plastic bag.  I have taken photos of these as well.  My cough medicine came with a 100ml spoon to measure the amount, instead of a measuring cap.  I am now feeling better.

Panadol - notice the caffeine

Range of medication in the Buka 24 Jam toko

Herbal medicine 

The Doctor


The medicine packets 

No comments:

Post a Comment