Sunday, January 29, 2012

Memasak - Cooking - Indonesian Master Chief

One afternoon, we all had an Indonesian Master class.  My group was making Kering Kentang a type of potato chip.   First, we had to cut up the potatoes, then slice them thinly so we could then fry them.  When it came to pealing the potatoes we were expecting to use a vegetable peeler, but instead we were give a small knife.  After having a laugh over this we set to work peeling the potatoes.  I was lucky enough to get the job of frying the potatoes.  After a while I was relieved of my duty and I slipped into another group and helped them cook their sarta.  The sarta was cooked in a similar way to how we BBQ.  But the Indonesians use coals instead and call this "bakar" (roasting).  When all the cooking was finished we sat down to a delicious meal.  It was then that I started to realize that I was now craving spicy food.

The Head Chief.
Also introduced as Indonesia's next Master Chief.  
The ingredients used to cook Kering Kentang.
Michael carefully using a knife instead of a peeler.   
Frying the potatoes.  

Damian and Marina presenting the kue (cake) they made.  

Helping cook the sarta.  

The final product of the Karing Kentang (potato chips).  

No comments:

Post a Comment